Career & Employment Opportunities at Samoset Resort
Samoset Resort is looking for energetic, self-motivated individuals with a strong desire to execute superior guest services and professional interaction with resort guests. Available positions include:
We will be hosting a Job Fair on Saturday, May 16 from 11am - 1pm.
- Executive Sous Chef
- Looking for a year-round culinary leader with experience in Italian cuisine and fresh, local seafood. Seeking a solid person, whose passion and cooking and loves to learn and also teach. Applicants should work well under pressure, possess excellent communication skills, be organized, flexible, self-motivated, and enjoy working in a professional kitchen. This is a hands-on position that requires strong work ethic and leadership skills to guide and develop a large kitchen staff. Important aspects of the position include:
- Ensure compliance with industry health codes
- Maintain approved food costs and labor costs
- Main positive and professional environment at all times, and lead by example
- Create daily specials based on local ingredients
- Interviews, trains, appraises, coaches, counsels and disciplines departmental employees according to employee standards
- Must have the ability and tenacity to work long hours, nights, and weekends
- Reviews daily payroll report, controls daily labor costs by reducing staff as business activity diminishes
- Preferred skills and experience:
- Culinary Degree/ACF Certification Desired
- Proven management, organization, communication, and leadership skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Catering Sales Manager
- Seeking a friendly, enthusiastic,
and organized individual to join our team. This position primarily
works with all social events held on site to include all weddings,
galas, and holiday parties. The Catering Sales Manager will also manage
events turned over from the Sales department. This position is
responsible for managing overnight room blocks, catering, audio visual,
and setup requirements. The ideal candidate will have a professional
demeanor, superb communication and organizational skills, and sales and
catering experience in a large resort setting.
- Convention Services
- Responsible for physical set-up, cleanliness, and maintenance of all convention service equipment and function rooms. Excellent customer service and being a team player is a must!
- Spa Desk Coordinators, Full and part time positions available.
- Experience working in a spa or similar environment is preferred, but not required as training is provided. Possessing a general understanding of spa services is helpful. Requires a strong natural ability for multi-tasking: using a computer and answering phones while simultaneously interacting with spa guests, selling retail, and displaying a confident and professional approach throughout the entire spa environment.
- Licensed Massage Therapists & Nail Technicians, Full and part time positions available.
- Stellar skills in your chosen field are required. Must also be open to learning new techniques and treatment protocols while embracing the environment of resort spa hospitality in a professional manner.
- Looking for experienced housekeepers; part time and seasonal positions available. Hourly rate based on experience. Hours may include evening, weekends, and holidays. Candidates should be service-minded, reliable, and a team player is a must.
- Gift Shop Associate, Seasonal
- Samoset Resort is looking for a seasonal gift shop associate. Applicant should have previous cash handling, computer and retail experience, and the ability to multi-task. Customer-service oriented is a must. Knowledge of the local area is a plus.
- Front Desk Agents
- Looking for experienced front desk agents. Hourly rate based on experience. Hours may include evening, week-end and holidays. Candidates should be service minded, reliable and a team player is a must. Experience with point of sales program a plus.
- Health Club Desk Agent
- Professional servers and bartenders
- Golf maintenance crew
- Night auditors
- Engineering department
- Golf desk staff
- Golf starter
- Golf ranger
Job benefits include competitive pay, employee room discount program at affiliate properties, Health Club membership and golf privileges, discounts in our gift shop, spa, and golf shops, and lunch and dinner provided in our associate galley during your shift.
Download The Samoset’s Employment Application
We look forward to hearing from you.
You may submit your Resume or Application in person to the Human Resources Office or you may submit by mail or email using the contact information below.
Mail: Samoset ResortEmail: email@example.com
Attn: Human Resources
220 Warrenton Street
Rockport, Maine 04856